Tuesday, January 04, 2005

How to sponsor me

There are two aspects to sponsoring me over the coming months - pledges and payments.

Pledges: Your pledges will be invaluable to me as they will give me the willpower to commit to this diet. Please pledge an amount either per pound or per stone. You can make your pledge in the comments boxes on this site (see the link at the bottom of each post) - please leave your email address so I can alert you as each stone is lost. Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous to all but me, please email me at poundsforpoverty at gmail.com (replacing the "at" with the @ sign).

Payments: If you are agreeable, please make a payment each time I lose a stone. This will keep the pressure on me, ensure ActionAid receives contributions throughout the year and will spread your payments to lessen the impact on your purse. If you would prefer, you can of course make just one payment - once I've lost all 6 stone.

The easiest way to donate by credit or debit card is to use the link to Pay your Pledge in the sidebar of this page. Your donation can be anonymous or named. This online service makes it easy for charities to reclaim the tax that has been paid on donations by UK tax payers - just tick the box for UK Gift Aid if you are eligible and 28% will be added to your donation. Nice to know the UK Government will also be contributing to this appeal!

Alternatively, you can hand cash or a cheque over to me if you see me regularly, or send a cheque straight to ActionAid. See their donation page for details. If you do send a cheque, please let me know, so that I can keep track of donations.

If you need any help making sure your donation gets to ActionAid, please let me know.