Friday, January 07, 2005

First day

Well that feels better. One day down - only 352 to go... For those of you bothered by the prospect of me existing on lettuce leaves, a few facts and figures. Please don't worry - I don't intend this to turn into a Bridget Jones type inventory on a daily basis. This is just to give you an idea.

Yesterday I ate 1583 calories. I'm aiming to eat between 1500 and 1750 each day. That's the recommended amount for someone with more than 3 stone to lose. My 1583 calories consisted of:
  • Mesa Sunrise cereal with blueberries and soya milk

  • Chicken and mushroom risotto and peas

  • Chicken in tomato sauce, basil mash, brussels sprouts

  • Strawberries

  • 2 sea vegetable rice cakes (yes Faith!)

  • Strawberry cereal bar

  • Broccoli and cauliflower slim a soup

It's only with writing it down that I realise I had chicken twice! Easily done as most diet meals are based on it as it's low fat. I will try and introduce more variety immediately. I should mention that I'm a ready meal queen - "can cook won't cook" is my motto.

I haven't started walking to work yet but my beady-eyed colleagues won't be letting me get away with that for long. I did establish a baseline yesterday by wearing a pedometer. My normal daily activity amounts to c.8,335 paces. So now I've got to increase that bit by bit. I did however manage a fairly pitiful 2 miles on the exercise bike last night. A small effort - but mine own.

Anyway, that's the end of the report to my investors.