Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Famous for Fifteen Minutes

This is getting scarey. I was busy girding my loins - or whatever you're supposed to do at such a time - in preparation for the publication of our staff newsletter next Monday.

This was going to feature my little adventure in calorie control, bringing it to the attention of the c.450 staff who were yet to be nobbled by me for sponsorship.

But then a charming young man - with whom I will be having words - went and published it this morning! With me all unprepared...

And now they all know the dreadful secret! I wonder if I'll be able to show my face at work again, with everyone but everyone looking at me and whispering to their neighbours:

"See her. The one over there waving her pedometer in the air. I don't know how to tell you this, but... she actually likes Brussels sprouts!!!"

The shame of it...

If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush.
Dawn French