Thursday, July 21, 2005

Week 28

Hi! Remember me? Sorry about the missing post last week. As you'll probably have guessed, I'd failed yet again (3lbs on) and couldn't face having to admit it once more. I've redressed the balance this week though by losing 5lbs, but need another good week to get me out of this endless yo-yoing phase.

This has got to get moving down!


I'm trying out some changes in my diet which should help. I'm attempting to use many more fresh basic foods - fish, tofu, eggs, nuts, brown rice, fruit, veg etc. - rather than processed gunk. By concentrating more on eating healthily I'm reminding myself of the importance of good nutrition and revitalising my tastebuds. Will it last? Who knows...?

All this should help with my latest in a string of medical diagnoses - something called Gilbert's syndrome. Nothing to worry about, apart from the prospect of turning a fetching shade of yellow and a jolly good excuse for being tired all the time. It's given me the spur to try to detox my life a bit though. Now to find a toxin-free bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and I'll be a happy Ruth...

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Douglas Adams