Thursday, May 12, 2005

Week 18

I've been pondering long and hard about what to write this week. What pearls of wisdom and sparks of humourous genius would have my readers riveted to this, my latest blog entry?

Well I've drawn a blank - nothing remotely amusing occurs to me. The sun is in the sky, the swans are on the lake, but Ruth's brain is empty of inspiration.

So, I bring to you instead, an interesting and useful fact which will help you as you traverse through this interminable daily toil. Inspiration weighs 3 pounds. I can prove it scientifically, ladies and germs. This week I have lost 3 pounds (hoorah!) and this week I have lost my inspiration (boo!). QED!

It drops again!


Consider the postage stamp; its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there.
Josh Billings