Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dieting Schmieting (Week 33)

Sorry this is rather late - been rushing hither and thither today as the great clean-up gets into its 3rd week.

Well all I can say to any budding dieters out there is, have a flood and move in with a parent - the weight will just fall off! Actually the main thing I put it down to is the limited opportunity to slob out in front of the telly and the fact that more than one person has an interest in the contents of the fridge. As a result, and despite a reduction in dedicated exercise, I've lost FOUR POUNDS this week. Hip hip hip hip hooray!!

I'm beginning to fit into clothes I haven't worn for several years. Picked up a pair of jeans yesterday, looked at them and thought "they'll never fit", and they do - perfectly! They're still a size 20 - but they have a waist and are a distinct improvement on the size 26-defiantly-squeezing-into-a-size-24 that I was 8 months ago.

Isn't it horrible to find out that you're not unique? It's only recently that I have discovered that I am far from being the solitary diet blogger that I thought I was. For those of you who are gluttons for more than just punishment, there's a groaning sideboard of reading matter for you out on the web. The best place to start is with The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, the author of which is featured in a new book - Tales from the Scale. There are a lot of us out of there!

According to diet lore, "indulging" or "giving in to temptation" is a "sin". Strangling a few people is a sin. Invading East Timor is a sin. Ethnic cleansing is a sin. Testing nuclear weapons in the Pacific is a sin. I'm sorry, but eating doesn't quite make the grade.
Kaz Cooke