Thursday, February 17, 2005

Week 6

Good morning one and all. Yet another seven days have passed and I'm happy to announce that I've lost a further 2 lbs, meaning that in the last six weeks I have shed 1 stone 6 lbs in total.

As a new treat for the Pounds for Poverty Graph Fan Club (known as GLADYS for short), I present Ruth's Weekly Weight Loss, The Movie...

Ruth's Animated Weight Loss


I fully expect a last minute Oscar nomination and would welcome any support that you, my reader, can give me in attaining such a just reward.

Now you may be wondering why my weight loss hasn't been greater this week, given my significant success in earlier weeks. Please believe me when I say I don't want to blame anyone. It is irrelevant that my boss generously treated me to a delicious three course calorie-laden lunch in a local French restaurant late last week in celebration(?) of the 3rd anniversary of me taking up my current post. I acknowledge that I was entirely responsible for my own actions and that I didn't need to eat the hollandaise sauce, the French bread or the cheese. So I don't for one moment blame him for scuppering any chance I had of losing a full 3 lbs this week. He may, however, feel it appropriate to examine his own conscience and I merely mention that sabotage is a very ugly word...

P.S. Graph Lovers Anonymous Do Yt Scientifically...

No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office.
George Bernard Shaw