Thursday, March 17, 2005

Week 10

The Gin & Tonic Diet

Well there's a turn up for the books! Another 3 pounds off - so many of you owe me, or rather owe ActionAid, some more money. Go on, trust me - it actually feels rather good to shed those pounds!

Bye bye second stone - may I never, ever see you again.

In honour of this special occasion, I present a particular treat for members of GLADYS. Here's another (secret) graph - so keep it under your hat, won't you? This one tracks my weightloss on a daily basis - and shows that things are far more up and down than the weekly total suggests. It demonstrates why everyone says you shouldn't weigh yourself daily - the rollercoaster ride is far too disheartening. But what can I say - I'm a sucker for statistics...

The thick pink line is my target weight for this challenge. The thick black line is my actual rate of loss/gain. The yellow line is what my weight would look like if I lost a steady 2 pounds per week. And the thinner dotted line is the "trend" - what my loss will look like if I carry on at the same rate I have done over the last ten weeks. So all looks well. Until, of course, the next hiccup...

Ruth's Daily Weightloss @ 17 March


Oh, and nearly forgot - today's proof for the doubters amongst you...

The Second Stone Is No More!


I don't jog, it makes the ice jump right out of my vodka tonic.
Anon.