Thursday, March 03, 2005

Week 8

Now, some of you will be aware that the Queen has both an actual birthday and an official birthday each year. It appears to me that this is a rather uncrafty attempt to get double helpings of birthday cake but perhaps there is a more profound reason lurking around the place. I wonder if she ages twice as fast as the rest of us...?

Anyway, "get to the point, Ruth!" I hear you cajoling your PCs... (sorry e - and your Macs). This week I'm proud to announce both an official weigh-in and an actual weigh-in. The profound reason will become clear any moment now.

First for the official weigh-in.

I'm happy to tell you that this week I've made up for a bad week last week and have lost a further 3 pounds. Cue huzzahs from loyal subjects waving their hats in the air.

Ruth's Official Weight Loss @ 3 March


Now for the actual weigh-in.

As a temporary result of the gastroenteritis the scales actually show that I have lost 9 pounds. Cue dear husband requesting the Tupperware container of Rice Crispies whilst Batman stares in at the window.

I don't want to claim this week's full weightloss because I'm expecting much of this weight to return once I cease being dehydrated. I'd hate to get you to pay up for the second stone only to have to pay you back the next week... I had already lost 3 pounds before I got ill so I think I'm safe sticking with that amount.

So watch this space for a wondrous weightloss this time next week and get your credit cards ready for action.

What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease.
Alexander Pope